Monday, August 25, 2008

August 23rd, 2008 - Saturday

To celebrate my dad's birthday (who had to stay behind in Florida) we decided to venture out to South Philly for an early lunch of Cheesesteak sandwiches. After much deliberation, we decided on Geno's instead of Pat's (Pat's is the original home of the Cheesesteak and located directly across the street from Geno's). The only real reason for this decision was that we were on that side of the road.

I have to say, this Cheesesteak was MUCH better than a previous one I had tried at a place I wont mention. My first Cheesesteak experience was good, but not great. This time was different. Maybe it was the 14 mile run we did in the morning but my "provolone wit", a side of fries and a Diet Coke was damn good. Anyway, we'll try Pat's next time, but I have to say, Genos' was great. And they were a lot friendlier than I thought they would be. Two greasy thumbs up!

OK, we would have gone even if it wasn't my dad's birthday ;) Happy birthday pops!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My cute mom again!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: